The Jr.3 Deluxe kit weighs in at 1.5 lbs, 680grams. This is the
lightest, best functioning gimbal head on the market, capable of
supporting and balancing a 500F4 and Pro body comfortably. Yes, we still
recommend a bigger HD4 gimbal for daily use, but if weight is
your primary concern and you are travelling by air extensively, then
lighten your load: Get a Jr.3 Deluxe, your back will thank you.
The Jr.3 Deluxe, and our other gimbals fit any tripod with a standard
3/8"-16 threaded top. We DO NOT RECOMMEND tripods with a 1/4"-20 thread
under any circumstances. Using a 1/4"-20 threaded tripod with a reducer
bushing will VOID your warranty.
- One-piece hollow, cast, heat treated body
- Extreme stiffness for a small gimbal head
- Overall 1.0” reduced height from Jr.2 head
- Includes New HM-J3D Fully CNC Machined swing-arm, not a cheap casting. More room for camera clearance!
- Built-in Arca-Swiss compatible quick release clamp
- Needle roller bearings in tilt axis for smoothness
- Rubberized knobs for cold and wet weather usage
- Standard 3/8” tripod mount
- Camera/Lens Capacity of 5-10lbs recommended.
- Maximum weight: 12lbs for occasional usage (continual overloading your gimbal head will void your warranty).
- Requires 1x Jobu Design Surefoot lensplate or Replacement foot, or compatible Arca-Swiss plate. Plates are NOT included with gimbals.
- Requires sturdy tripod with 3/8"-16 top bolt thread, like the TCF-36 Algonquin, or equivalent.
NOTE ABOUT LARGE LENSES: If using a large Canon or
Nikon lens, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND using a Jobu Design replacement foot,
like the LF-C604 or LF-N604. A replacement foot will lower the centre of
gravity of your lens and make it lighter. In most cases, large lenses
with tall lens-collar feet CANNOT balance on a Jr.3 without a LENS FOOT.
We recommend replacement feet for the Nikon 300F2.8, 200-400, 500F4 and
600 F4, and the Canon 500F4 (IS 1 and 2) and 600F4 (IS1 and 2) and 400
F2.8 IS. Users of the new Sigma Sport 150-600 and 500mm F4 should also get the LF-S156S or LF-S504, respectively.