The new Nikon replacement foot for the FL E-series lenses is finally here!
Tested and balance verified 100% on the:
1. Nikon 400mm F2.8E FL
2. Nikon 500mm F4E FL (you may want to consider the LF-N504LP
for this lens if you are shooting with a lightweight camera)
3. Nikon 600mm F4E FL
4. Nikon 800mm F5.6E FL
This foot is rather taller and longer than we would normally design, but leave it Nikon to make this a challenge. The new E-series FL lenses have a large diameter lens hood and a neoprene cover which need to be cleared by the foot. The lens foot is also positioned far back on the barrel of the lens making it necessary to extend the foot a full 7" long to balance properly with light camera bodies.
- Machined from 100% 6061-T6 'aircraft' aluminum
- 2pcs M3x0.5 safety screws to prevent the foot (and lens!) from sliding out catastrophically from a gimbal head or ball head.
- Premium M2.5 T-handle Allen Hex wrench for installing the foot and safety screws.
- Hard anodized black satin finish
- Standard 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded accessory holes
- 5-year warranty
- 1.5" x 7" x 1.45" tall
- 5.8oz, 166 grams
- Note: The original Nikon mounting screws are re-used when installing this lens foot. No additional hardware is required.
This lens foot may fit older (or future unannounced models) of Nikon lenses. All Nikon lenses appear to have the same mounting pattern and screw size, so verification is mainly a matter of checking balance and clearance for the lens hood.
Tip: You don't need to balance your lens and camera with the silly neoprene cover! It must add nearly 1/2lb of weight to far end.
- Before ordering, if possible: Check that you can actually remove your lens foot screws. If the lens is very old, or if someone put Loctite or other adhesive on the mounting screws it can be very difficult to remove and may necessitate a visit to a Nikon service center.
- Please check your lens foot screws prior to installation. Check that the screws protrude an equal distance on the replacement foot as the original Nikon foot. If they appear too long or short, please contact Jobu Design for alternative hardware. DO NOT use screws that appear too long or short.