The Jobu Design MCF-36 Monopod is a tall and strong monopod that pairs really well with gimbal heads, making it an exceptionally mobile companion for a nature photographer. If speed and mobility are key for keeping up with your subjects then a monopod could be the solution you really need.
Customers who shoot small songbirds (warblers, etc.) asked us to
create a light weight and highly portable monopod to kit together with
their Jobu Design gimbals and lightweight telephotos. Shooting
small, flighty and jumpy songbirds can be highly frustrating
as they move from bush to bush making them extremely hard to track -
by the time you move your tripod and refocus they are already somewhere
else. A monopod gives you substantially more freedom of movement while
completely eliminating vertical camera-shake and partially eliminating
side-to-side vibration as well.
- Bundle your Jobu Jr.3 or DMG-HD4 head with this monopod for freedom
of movement, lightweight packing and dramatically improved stability
over hand-held shots. Expect an increase in your 'keepers' as your camera's optical image stabilization will
- Shooting with a gimbal means perfect balance. Panning and tilting your lens eliminates the need to tilt the whole monopod forward or backward to shoot up or down.
- Your gimbal will allow perfect friction free tilt movement - in a
class of it's own compared to old-school full-friction monopod-tilt
heads - these old designs are NOT meant for smooth movement at all. A Jobu Jr.3 is a better monopod head than... a monopod head.
- Small footprint. The low weight and single contact point allow your
monopod to take up nearly no room next to your fellow photographers in
the bush, or fellow spectators in the bleachers (yes, they are GREAT for
your kids soccer, baseball and gymnastics events!)
- Absolutely useful for video cameras, point and shoots and landscape photography as well!
1. 3 leg section- twist lock
2. 8x carbon fibre tubes
3. Extended 170 cm tall = 66.5”
4. Collapsed 66cm = 26”
load = 10kg, 22lbs
6. Top tube: 36mm Diameter
7. Weight 625 grams = 1lb-6oz
8. Fixed top-stud (3/8”-16) ONLY
9. Includes: 1/8" allen key and 3pcs 1/4" set screws to affix a gimbal or monopod
10. Stainless steel spike tip with pull-on/pull-off rubber cover
11. Adjustable handstrap