Our Super Popular Flash bracket remains in a class of it's own
with its simple no-nonsense design. It does what it is designed to do
very well, and that's it. No flipping, no rotating, nothing but solid secure straight-forward flash photography.
Updated for 2017, our FB-TM2 has greatly improved fit and finish with no exposed springs or hardware.
- Machined from a solid billet brick of 6061-T6 aluminum. Beautifully machined and hard-anodized with laser-engraved graphics.
- Custom solid stainless-steel mounting knob. Indestructible!
- The bracket is 11" tall placing most flashes approximately
12" away from the center of the lens.
- For use with a telephoto lens and TOP-MOUNT gimbal style
head (like the DMG-HD4) or any ballhead.
- The quick-release system mounts to any Arca-Swiss
compatible plate, including our own SureFoot NX Plates. You MUST use a
or an adapter on an older style plate.
lightweight! Only 8.3oz (235 grams)
An adapter is required for use with the Nikon SC-29 shoe
cord. See ADPT-SC29
1. Flash unit compatible with your camera.
Off-shoe cord for connecting your camera to the flash unit, or a
cold-shoe mount with a 1/4"-20 socket if your flash is
3. A Jobu Design NX lensplate or replacement foot
for your telephoto lens. All Jobu Design plates and feet have a
'double-dovetail' design with a V groove on both sides of the plate. You
need 3/4" (18mm) of free room to install the flash bracket to the
plate, usually at the front or 'toe' of your lens foot-handle.
The FB-TM2 is also very useful for hand-held telephoto lens shooting.
Simply remove the lens from the gimbal and the Flash Bracket stays
connected TO YOUR CAMERA for quick hand-held shooting. Compare the functionality of the FB-TM2 to a flash bracket that mounts directly to the gimbal head: your off-shoe cord and flash arm will tether you to the tripod making removal of your camera and lens much more tricky and slow.
To shoot in portrait mode, simply use the telephoto lens collar.